90-Day Group Coaching Program
Mentorship and accountability that you need to get your freelance medical writing business off the ground
If you’re a freelance medical writer, I’ll bet you’ve felt like this before:
- You’re sure that being in the medical writing space is for you because you know that this work is meaningful and has great income potential
- You don’t want ‘expert advice’ but rather ‘I’ve been there before and here’s what works’ kind of guidance from down-to-earth people who can objectively see those blind spots in your business
- You’re eager to be a part of a tight-knit community (and not just one of many thousands in some online group)
- You want to connect with other folks who understand your struggles and can offer support, friendliness, and a kick in the pants when you need it
- You’re dead set on making this year more awesome than the last and you’re finally ready to make an investment in yourself and your business to make it happen
YOU WANT TO TAKE THE NEXT STEPS AND YOU’RE READY TO TAKE ACTION
BUT YOU JUST NEED SOME STRUCTURED GUIDANCE
In this group coaching program, we’ll help you build custom action plans so that you can reach your freelance writing business goals faster than you ever thought possible.
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU CAUGHT YOURSELF SAYING THINGS LIKE:
- “I’m overwhelmed by the amount of advice out there. If I had a specific and targeted action plan for my business, I’d make steady progress.”
- “I need some instant clarity. I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and do the work so that I can reach my goals faster.”
- “I’m making a fresh start with my freelance writing career, and I just don’t know where to begin.”
- “I’m hesitant to work with a marketing ‘expert’. I want to work with someone who has experience but is also down to earth and approachable.”
- “I need to get off of the marketing treadmill. There has to be another way to find steady, ongoing clients and projects.”
It is possible to build a thriving freelance medical writing business, WITHOUT spending all of your time marketing and WITHOUT settling for low-paying gigs. WE’LL SHOW YOU HOW.
Here’s the formula that makes this coaching program so effective:
rocket fuel for your business
Enrollment is currently closed.
Here’s what you get:
- 6 modules delivered live via Zoom (once every two weeks)
- 3 live Q&A Zoom sessions
- Assignments to build your momentum (hand them in for a chance to win prizes!)
- Individual email support as needed
Outline of the Proposed Modules:
- How to quickly create writing samples that showcase your abilities.
- Best practices for using samples.
- Homework assignment: draft two short samples based on materials we recommend.
2. Direct outreach/follow-up
- Busting through direct outreach mindset hangups (critical for more than just getting your first assignment).
- How to create a pipeline of direct outreach prospects and the various ways to follow up.
- Homework assignment: send us screenshots of 15 direct outreach emails and 10 follow-up emails you sent.
- The mindset for successful networking
- A plan for not wasting your time on random acts of networking
- Efficient ways to network and build relationships, even if you're an introvert.
- Homework assignment: Create a plan for consistent networking
4. Pricing and negotiation
- The basics of estimates and pricing (project fee vs hourly fee)
- The basics of negotiation prep.
- Common negotiation scenarios.
- Homework assignment: role-play an email negotiation with us.
5. Best practices with new clients
- Understanding a client’s samples and templetizing.
- Interviewing clients and asking questions
- Requesting feedback on assignments when the client goes AWOL.
- Homework assignment: templetize a sample we’ll give you and role-play with one of us as a hypothetical new client.
6. Your marketing materials (website, blog, social media)
- The essential elements of a good medical writer’s website.
- How to set up a blogging program for yourself and leverage it for social media.
- Homework assignment: revamp your website and decide whether you’re going to blog (and if so, what you’re going to blog about).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When does the next 90-day coaching session kick off?
A: We’ll start the next session on February 24 and meet every other week for the next 12 weeks.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of spots in the program?
A: Yes, we are limiting the group to 12 participants so we have enough time to work closely with everyone.
Q: What time will the group coaching sessions be held?
A: We’ll poll members to find the most ideal time for everyone. However, we’ll likely have participants from all over the map, so finding a good time will require some flexibility. If you do miss a session, the recordings will be available.
Q: Is there email support for participants?
A: Yes! We recognize that sometime you just need on-the-spot advice. We strive to be a valuable resource (and sound board) for participants when there are any bumps in the road.
Q: What if the program is not a good fit for me?
A: We’ll offer a money-back guarantee for the first 30 days.
There’s nothing that we love more than receiving emails like this from our coaching clients:
"Our discussion and your input related to my “hot seat” issue (project estimates) in our coaching call yesterday were hugely helpful and relevant for me! I feel as though I “got my money’s worth” for the whole coaching program in that one call alone!"
- Wendy Mills, MPH
"Maria and Jennifer offer a solid coaching program. Obviously, it is multi-factorial, which is to say I needed to do some work, too. After completing the program, I am very busy now. So busy that I haven't even replied to their emails!"
- Joshua H., MD
STILL UNDECIDED AND WONDERING IF GROUP COACHING IS FOR YOU?
We get it. This kind of coaching is an investment.
But...it’s an investment in yourself that is designed to help you get unstuck and make some real progress in your business.
For many of you, this might be the first time that you’ve ever thought about paying for group coaching (or any coaching for that matter). It’s perfectly natural to feel a little uncertain.
But doing this freelance thing on your own can be kind of scary and overwhelming when you try to do it alone. Trust us, we’ve been there. We’ve made the mistakes and learned our lessons. We’ve been in the trenches and fought our way out.
And now we’re on a mission to help you fast track through those bumps in the road that held us back.
So if you’ve read our blog, talked to us directly, or taken our course, we’re hoping that our message resonates with you.
If you’re on the fence and the timing is just not right, we understand.
But, if your gut is saying to you right now, “This sounds like just what I need,” then join us.
IF YOU FIND THAT YOU’RE CONSTANTLY SPINNING YOUR WHEELS AND YOUR BUSINESS JUST ISN’T MOVING IN THE DIRECTION THAT YOU WANT IT TO GO, THEN NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE A SMART INVESTMENT IN YOURSELF.